Miele Professional Wet Cleaning is a garment cleaning process based on technology that was developed in 1991 by Miele and detergent manufacturer Kreussler. The companies’ goal was to develop a cleaning process that effectively cleaned all garments through a safe biodegradable detergent process – a process that was truly “green”.
- Excellent cleaning results
- Environment friendly processes
- High levels of economy
- Increase profits due to new revenue opportunities
e.g. the cleaning of Ugg boots and Mulberry handbags
- Durable Miele technology
- Low water and enery consumption levels
- No air pollution
The safe, environmentally friendly and effective cleaning system for materials and fabrics including:
How the process works:
Wet cleaning uses highly sophisticated washers and dryers to safely clean all articles of clothing that normally are dry cleaned. Wet cleaning uses water; nature’s best cleaning solvent and a safe biodegradable detergent mixture to clean.
The biggest advantage of wet cleaning technology is that it is the most effective way to remove water based stains and odours, rendering clothes not only truly clean, but fresh smelling and the process does not expose workers or customers to toxic chemicals. A wide variety of materials can be cleaned in a wet cleaning system.
1) Miele Professional
Miele Professional Wet Cleaning System produces superior cleaning results with washers that accurately control water levels, temperatures, settings and detergent dosing levels and drum rotation rhythm. Miele dryers then measure the garments residual moisture, optimizing cycle times, saving energy and protecting the garments from over drying.
Wet Cleaning requires specialist finishing equipment as part of the process. In conjunction with Veit, the world’s leading manufacturer of finishing equipment for the laundry and drycleaning market, Veit has a high quality range of equipment to allow the processed garments to be expertly finished to exacting standards. The equipment uses specially designed tensioning and stretching finishers for both jackets and trousers, with final touches and detailing being applied on the powerful vacuum and blowing table.
Due to their special formulation the LANADOL products are essential for gentle and successful wet cleaning. Benefits include outstanding cleaning, brilliant colours with a fresh scent, excellent protection of the textiles and fibres from shrinking, pilling and colour loss. Sensitive materials, such as wool, silk, acetate, cashmere, and structured, tailored and couture garments can be cleaned safely and thoroughly with only 3 products.
LANADOL AKTIV – Special cleaning and fiber protecting agent with color-stabilizing effect.
LANADOL AVANT – Dirt remover for extreme soils.
LANADOL APRET – Fiber protecting agent with finishing and antistatic effects.
For special applications LANADOL LICKER, LANADOL ABAC, HYDROB FC and HYDROB EASYDRY complement the range of wet cleaning products. The LANADOL products meet the requirements for the “Blue Angel” environment award!
Key benefits of the WetCare Cleaning System
Environmentally friendly, economically efficient
- Miele’s Wetcare cleaning system provides perfect protection for the fabric and for the environment. The washing cycle uses 30% less water than conventional machines and can clean at as little as 20oc, reducing energy consumption by 50%.
- All Miele Professional washing machines are accredited by the Water Technology List, a renowned body that recognises products which really protect the environment.
Market leading performance
- The WetCare system ensures that fabrics are treated in the best way possible.
- Miele’s patented honeycomb drum gently cushions fabrics away from the drum, ensuring that they last even longer.
- Miele’s washing machines have the highest G-Force in the market which reduces moisture levels in the garments. This dramatically reduces the time that items spend in the tumble dryer, meaning that loads can be safely washed and dried in as little as 25 minutes.
Simple to use
- The WetCare system is easy to install and requires no solvent license.
- As the machines have dedicated WetCare cycles they are incredibly easy to operate. Importantly for Drycleaners they can be left to run whilst other areas of the service can be attended to.
As it is water-based, the WetCare system is able to clean a wider variety of materials than traditional drycleaning within a shorter amount of time, therefore increasing the profits of its users. In addition, the WetCare programmes on the machines can be designed to respond to changing market opportunities e.g. the cleaning of Ugg Boots and Mulberry bags.
- Natural fibres such as angora, cotton, cashmere, linen, silk
- Artificial fibres such as viscose and acetate
- Synthetic fibres such as acrylic, polyester, GoreTex
- Highly sensitive fibres
- Everyday items such as trousers and jackets etc
- As the Wetcare system uses no solvents, customers instantly notice the fresh smell and soft feel. Colours are brighter and retain their original look.
- Miele’s unique honeycomb drum provides the gentle processing of sensitive garments.
- As the machines have normal washing programmes, day to day laundry items such as duvets can also be processed.
- The washing cycle uses 30% less water than conventional machines and can clean at as little as 20º, reducing energy consumption by 50%
- High G Force reduces moisture levels in the garments meaning that less time is spent in the dryer
- Miele’s patented honeycomb drum gently cushions fabrics away from the drum
Full training on the Miele WetCare system is available in a variety of different packages. Up to two training courses will be running each month at the WetCare centre in Feltham and full test washes will allow customers to try before they buy.
“The Miele WetCare system has changed everything. We have been able to enhance our product offering without financial impact to our customers and improve health and safety conditions for employees, customers and the community. I believe that this new method of cleaning will eventually phase out conventional chemical cleaning. It just makes sense and my customers love it!”
– Kem of Dry Cleaning by Olivia